in downtown Woodstock Ontario, Court House Square is
the centre of municipal politics for the County of Oxford.
the town plot for Woodstock was designated by Governor
John Graves Simcoe in 1793, a five acre plot was set
aside for a Court House and Gaol (jail). Over the years,
more buildings have been added to Court House Square.
Below is an illustration showing an overhead view of
Court House Square. Choose a building to learn more
about its history and present day use.